Keysborough Pain Relief and Wellness Centre provides a multi-disciplinary approach to include registered massage therapy as one of our services. Massage is a wonderful complement to chiropractic or on it’s own to provide pain relief, improve range of motion, increase circulation, and relieve stress.
Massage combines fundamental scientific principal with a formless art. It has a quality of wholeness that reaches a patient on not only a physical level but also integrates emotional, spiritual, and lifestyle dynamics. This approach is for the wellness of the person seeking massage and speaks to the paradigm of healing.
The licensed massage therapists at Keysborough Chipropractic clini utilize a number of modalities, such as neuromuscular therapy, deep tissue, hot stones, swedish and myofascial release to address each person’s individual needs.
Everybody may benefit from a massage treatment. Enter into a relaxing environment, leave what you will at the door, and allow yourself to melt away at the hands of your massage therapist. If you are searching for a way to feel better, massage may empower you to understand the importance of touch therapy. Come and experience the art and science of massage.
Benefits Of Massage
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Effects of Massage
- In response to massage, specific physiological and chemical changes cascade throughout the body, with profound effects. Research shows that with massage:
- Arthritis sufferers note fewer aches and less stiffness and pain.
- Asthmatic children show better pulmonary function and increased peak air flow.
- Burn injury patients report reduced pain, itching, and anxiety.
- High blood pressure patients demonstrate lower diastolic blood pressure, anxiety, and stress hormones.
- Premenstrual syndrome sufferers have decreased water retention and cramping.
- Preterm infants have improved weight gain.